Dogs, ya love ‘em and ya hate ‘em. Of course, love will always prevail for our furry friends. Still, that doesn’t change the fact that sometimes our puppies or other puppies can have barking fits at the most inopportune moments. Everyone can train their dogs to not bark when it isn’t appropriate such as during the night or when you’re gone. So barking is mostly an issue of training that can be resolved, but let’s not pretend that some breeds aren’t more boisterous than others.
Why Do Dogs Bark?
There are a million reasons why dogs bark, but the most basic and expected ones are
- Warning about “intruders”
- Calling for help (this one is heartwarming to the max)
- Meeting familiar people or guests (saying hello)
- Probably the most annoying but expected one is every time another dog strolls by.
Top 5 Dog Breeds That Bark The Most
Do we chastise birds for flying? Barking is part of a dog’s biological impulses, to tell a dog to never bark would be to tell a person to never speak. I wanted to stress this point before getting into the list of breeds, and knowing which breeds bark the most is just about knowing what you’re getting into! So without further ado, here are the top 5 dogs that just won’t stop barking!
- Beagle. Often topping the lists of loudest dogs, the beagle has its roots in hunting rabbits. Just like herding dogs tend to have a habit of nipping that must be trained out, you can expect beagles to be quite vocal about the comings and goings of people
- Siberian Husky. Siberian Husky’s are not known to bark a ton, but they will howl—that’s kind of the same thing, right? A quick look on YouTube will yield a treasure trove of entertaining videos where Husky’s are imitating sounds and howling almost as if they were speaking words.
- Schnauzer. Schnauzers are known to be highly territorial dogs that can display territorial aggression in the form of nipping, biting, and warding off people who are unfamiliar through excessive barking and growling.
- Chihuahua. You knew this one was coming, you knew this list had to have this little fella on it otherwise it’s just not a good list. Chihuahua’s are known to have some serious attitude when dealing with people that are not their owners. They are the epitome of having a tiny body and a big spirit and will have no problems letting you know it. That’s not to say Chihuahua’s are bad dogs to own—every breed has their own quirks that can be tempered through good training.
- Your Neighbors Dog. It doesn’t matter what breed it is, whether it’s a Yorkie, a Maltese, or a Jack Russell Terrier. It doesn’t matter how old he or she is. Your neighbor’s dog is always louder and more annoying than your dog, always remember that.
Best Puppy Store In Englewood NJ
If you ask us at Silver Nickel Puppies, all dogs bark all the time, but these are the top 5 dog breeds that bark the most! But hey, we can’t complain. We wouldn’t be in this business if we didn’t have a soft spot for dogs whether they’re brand new puppies or when our clients come in with their full-grown dogs looking for a new addition to the family.
Speaking of additions to the family, browse our selection of available puppies. These little guys and gals are looking for a new loving home! If you have any questions about our puppies or our methods, we welcome all calls at (201)-871-2040!