Sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, stuffy noses and allergies get you? You may really want a puppy but aren’t sure if it’s worth the constant allergies with you or your family. Well guess what? There are some dog breeds that are Hypoallergenic and do well with allergy sufferers.
Many have the impression that the fur of a dog or puppy is behind the symptomatic allergies, however the source of animal allergies lie within a protein that is present in their saliva and urine. Because dogs tend to lick themselves as part of their grooming instincts, the troubling saliva tends to distribute throughout their fur. Due to some dogs not shedding nearly as much as others, the effect is minimized of this allergen since there’s much less of it hanging around in the home. Hypoallergenic dog breeds have a non-shedding coat which produces less dander, which is what causes most pet allergies in humans.
If you or a member of your family is allergic to dogs, we highly recommend that you come on in and visit with the puppy you are considering making a member of your family. Spend some time playing and holding the puppy to make sure that you and your family are a perfect fit. Call our Puppy Hotline below to schedule an appointment.
Below is a list of Hypoallergenic puppy breeds that we offer at both of our exclusive puppy nurseries :
- Bichon Frise
- Bichonpoo (Bichon/Poodle Hybrid)
- Coton de Tulear
- Malshi (Maltese/Shih Tzu Hybrid)
- Maltipoo (Maltese/Poodle Hybrid)
- Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie Hybrid)
- Schnoodle (Schnauzer/Poodle Hybrid)
- Shichon (Shih Tzu/Bichon Hybrid)
- Shihpoo (Shih Tzu/Poodle Hybrid)
- Shorkie (Shih Tzu/Yorkie Hybrid)
- Wheaton Terrier
- Whoodle (Wheaton/Poodle Hybrid)
- Yochon (Yorkie/Bichon Hybrid)
- Yorkiepoo (Yorkie/Poodle Hybrid)
- Yorkshire Terrier